If you are a rising Junior (or Senior) and would like to declare a major in computer science, please follow these steps:
- Review our major requirements. Some additional details and suggestions can be found in this presentation. Please note that to be eligible to declare a CS major you must have completed:
- two computer science courses, including CS 136; and
- the Discrete Mathematics Proficiency Requirement.
- If you have not completed these items, you may still declare the major, but only at a later date once you have completed those two items.
- Fill out a CS major planning worksheet and submit it with a transcript here.
- Meet with an advisor between May 10-14. You must have completed and submitted your worksheet before meeting with your CS advisor. See our advising schedule to find an advisor and time.
- Once you have met with an advisor, please fill out the Registrar’s Major Declaration Form.
- Welcome to the CS Major!